Its here! The new rig is here! Obviously not in service yet but still… AAH SHINY NEW TOY!! I’m so excited to start working in it… I can actually stand up inside!
Sorry for the terrible cellphone pictures. They do no justice for this beautiful piece of equipment.
These photos are (c) @car-one-responding . Do not remove this caption.
When reality television star and fashion blogger Lauren Conrad was asked what her “favorite position” was on a live radio program a while back, the women listening held their breath. Although we take great pride in the work that we do, most of us could relate to being undermined and belittled publicly at work. When Conrad cleverly retorted “CEO,” it was hard not to aggressively high-five our laptop and mobile devices. The words “hell” and “yeah” could be heard all across the nation.
The Frustrated Captioned Adventures of George Washington
Look what I found on the street @fiallo661. A vintage fire engine truck. #firefighter #fireengine #firetruck #vintage #firefighters (at Doral-Miami, Fl)
FDNY Ten House “Still Standing”
WHATS THIS MOVIE!?
I WISH I KNEW!!!
It’s Top Secret! from 1984. It’s from the same folks as The Naked Gun movies.
Just when you thought the #FDNY couldn’t get anymore badass…
No one injured in cooking fire that caused evacuation of ServiceNet building, brief closure of King StreetBy
Thursday, July 17, 2014
NORTHAMPTON — No one was injured and damage was limited to a stove in a cooking fire that caused the evacuation of offices and apartments in ServiceNet’s headquarters Tuesday afternoon.
King Street was closed for about 20 minutes due to the Fire Department’s response to the 911 call at 3:12 p.m. The building at 129 King St. houses ServiceNet, a human services agency that provides clinical, residential, rehabilitative, recovery and support services in western Massachusetts.
Deputy Fire Chief Timothy McQueston said someone had extinguished the fire on the stove top by the time firefighters entered the third-floor apartment, but thick smoke filled the apartment and hallways.
He said the woman who lived in the apartment was frying chicken when the fire started.
“Frying chicken in a frying pan is inherently dangerous because of the hot oil,” which is highly flammable, he said.
He said damage was limited to the stove top and the resident would be able to continue living in the apartment.
While firefighters put a fan in the third floor window to blow out the smoke, residents stood in small groups outside the building. One woman clutched a cat in her arms.
Rebecca Everett can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photos by YOSHITAKA HAMADA.